Dairy and Egg Products
The Dairy industry produces a variety of different milk products, which includes milk drinks, cream, yogurt, mousses, all types of cheese, butter, dips, and fresh and frozen desserts, which includes ice cream. It also includes eggs, and egg products such as mayonnaise and meringues.
Challenges in this Sector
Some challenges found within this sector include:
- Large amount of processing and production of the food product, which increase the chance of stainless steel contamination caused by processing and packaging machine failure
- Use of foil top packaging with yogurts for freshness and quality
- Unwanted holes in cheese, which are formed during the cheese making process
- Cold, wet and harsh high-care environments, where hygiene, cleanliness and sanitation are of prime importance
- Increase in private label manufacture, requiring food manufacturers to be serving multiple retailers with multiple products
- Lightweight chilled desserts, which provide complex handling during production
Why Use Loma?
Loma has a well-developed experience of working with many food manufacturers around the world to deliver convenience food to the consumer.
- With Loma’s Designed to Survive® philosophy, equipment is designed to withstand the harsh environments found within many dairy factories
- As well as offering class-leading metal detectors for the dairy industry, Loma has recognized solutions for x-ray inspection, dynamic in-line Checkweighing, and can provide combined Check and Detect solutions
- Loma’s x-ray inspection systems are in many ice cream, yoghurt and chilled dessert factories around the world and are helping to eliminate metal and glass contamination as well as ensure the integrity of the product